at Lady Gregory Hotel
Here at Lady Gregory Hotel, Leisure Club & Beauty Rooms, we are truly committed to becoming a green hotel by playing our part in achieving environmentally friendly surroundings for all of our staff and guests.
Sustainability – Our Green Statement
We aim to achieve a reduction in our carbon footprint without affecting our guest’s comfort by taking relevant steps to improve our energy consumption, minimise waste and reduce water consumption where possible in a sustainable manner. B.E.N. is a network of tourism enterprises with the objective of establishing the Burren as a premier internationally recognised sustainable tourism region ensuring the future economic and social growth and sustainable development of its communities, environment and heritage.
Such Initiatives already Undertaken by the Hotel Include:
• Promoting the principles of Leave No Trace
• Promotion of sustainable transport options within the Burren & Cliffs of Moher Geopark region
• Utilising E-invoices and online communications where possible to reduce paper consumption.
• Having motion activated lighting in our public toilets and in a back of house staff areas to reduce energy consumption.
• Segregation of waste throughout the hotel to reduce the amount of waste going to landfill.
• Reducing, reusing and recycling the resources consumed by our business wherever practical.
• Servicing and reviewing our major plant equipment on a regular basis which included a complete upgrade in 2023 of our pool heating system.
• Bulk purchasing is utilised where possible to reduce packaging and transport costs.
• Where possible we purchase our meat, fish and vegetable locally.
Initiatives Currently Underway:
• Installation of a roof mounted solar system to provide energy for the hotel.
• Removal of all single use plastics to include mini shampoo, shower gels etc.
On our journey to becoming a green hotel, we also endeavour to support local enterprises as much as possible by “buying local”, advertising in local newspapers, on local radio stations and through the promotion of local events, attractions, and businesses to our guests.