Aillwee Cave is situated in the small harbour village of Ballyvaughan, County Clare, just 40 minutes from Lady Gregory Hotel.
Aillwee Cave is one of the oldest caves in Ireland where you can explore the dramatic underworld, admire the frozen waterfall and observe the now extinct brown bears bones.
Experience the beautiful caverns under strange formations and the thunderous waterfall as you take part in the 30-minute tour.
See the video below of the most remarkable Aillwee Cave and its surroundings.
While there be sure to visit the Birds of Prey Centre and be entertained by the dynamic flying displays with birds including eagles, falcons, hawks and owls.
Get up close and personal with the birds and educate yourself using the many information boards on display.
Other things to do and see include:
- Visit the Burren Bird of Prey Centre
- Relax and unwind in the family friendly tea-room
- Take a stroll to the popular farm shop via the beautiful hazel woods and sample many homemade delights
- Visit and browse the award winning craft shop,
- Hike over the burren limestone pavements to view the Spring Gentians and Mountain Avens
- Or enjoy a glass of wine on the terrace and witness the most stunning and spectacular views of Galway Bay.
The Aillwee Cave is open daily all year round except 24th, 25th, 26th December and 1st January. For full opening times schedule, please click here
For online bookings and further information about the Aillwee Cave visit www.aillweecave.ie
Book Your Stay
Book your stay at the Lady Gregory Hotel now, just a 40 minute drive from Aillwee Caves, and enjoy unique access to the sites of both Clare and Galway.
Check out our Special Offers below.